Mountune is a British racing and tuning company that has had a strong
partnership with Ford since the late 1980s.
With their MP275 engine kit for the new Focus ST, power increases from 250 hp to 275 hp and torque is raised to 295 lb-ft (400 Nm). The upgrade will produce performance returns of 0-60 mph in 5.7 seconds and drops the 31-62 mph in-gear time to 4.9 seconds - 0.8 seconds quicker than in standard form.
Mountune have tested the upgrades on British B roads and on numerous laps of the famous Nürburgring Nordschleife.
This upgrade can be fitted to any model year of Focus ST, new or used, and has a minimum 12 months/12,000-mile warranty on parts supplied against manufacturing defects and is the only performance upgrade that will not affect the manufacturer base vehicle warranty.
The MP275 kit costs around 1,250 GBP ($2,000) without fitting.
The Mountune Performance MP275 package for the 2013 Ford Focus ST consists of:
- Large-capacity alloy intercooler (available powder coated Silver or Black - with optional logo)
- Low-loss cast crossover duct with Samco silicone hose (available silver or powder coated black)
- Exclusive K&N air filter with removal end plug
- Revised engine calibration
- Mountune Performance badge