After the Caterham Formula 1 team went bankrupt last year, all the remaining
assets are now up for grabs at an auction.
Auction firm Wyles Hardy & Co will sell Caterham's 2014 F1 chassis and show cars, plus the team's factory, race and simulator equipment. Smaller and less expensive items, such as wheels, wheel nuts, wishbones and brake discs are also available.
The team held an auction for some of its items before the last year's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, which allowed them to participate at that race.
The administrators' representative Finbarr O'Connell remained optimistic that a new buyer could be found to take the team into 2015, but with all the equipment now for sale it appears that any hope of a revival is now gone.
Although the items can be viewed online, all buyers will need to be present at the auction, which will take place on March 11 and 12 at Leafield Technical Centre, Langley, UK.
Some of the more interesting items, with starting prices, include:
- $27,000 - LOTUS Formula 1 2011 Full Rolling Chassis, Show Car, Chassis No. T128.03, without engine or gearbox
- $2,200 - CATERHAM F1 2012 Race Car, Chassis No. C701 #3, without engine or gearbox
- $1,200 - CATERHAM F1 2014 Livery Carbon Fiber Car Engine Cover
- $800 - Carbon Fiber Drivers Seat, Kamui Kobayashi
- $240 - Two 2013 Wheel Rims with Pirelli Show Tires
- $220 - Two OZ 2014 F1 Front Wheel Rims
- $90 - Set of Carbon Fiber Brake Disc Material
- $60 - CATERHAM F1 Carbon Fibre Right Hand, Front Upper Wishbone
- $44 - Four CATERHAM F1 Wheel Nuts
AAll 900 items can be viewed here (1 pound = $1.48 or 1.34 euros).